Emerald Coast Review
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
EMERALD COAST REVIEW, Vol. XX - Submission Guidelines
The literary anthology has been published biennially by West Florida Literary Federation (WFLF) Pensacola, Florida, since 1989. Submissions open May 1, 2019. Deadline for submissions is midnight, June 15, 2019. Submissions not strictly adhering to the following guidelines will be rejected. The 20th celebration volume will feature the best of submitted works by regional writers and artists and a special section of solicited work from current and former Poet Laureates of Northwest Florida.
1. Emerald Coast Review is a regional publication which accepts submissions only from authors/writers/poets and visual artists residing in the following counties in Florida and Alabama: Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa, Walton, Bay (Florida) and Escambia, Mobile, Baldwin (Alabama).
2. All submissions must be in electronic format and uploaded to the appropriate category.
3. Permission to submit in non-digital format may be considered by contacting the editorial board at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. A brief biography (75 words maximum) listing full name, profession, and representative published work must be included. If your work is selected, the bio will appear with it in the publication.
5. Submissions are read “blind.” Do not place your name on the manuscript. Include a title on each work submitted. Each submission is to be in a separate document.
6. Fee: $10 per submission, per category; students $5. Submissions must be uploaded by midnight, June 15, 2019.
7. WFLF accepts original, unpublished works only. We request First North American serial rights to work accepted for publication in Emerald Coast Review. After publication of the issue in November, rights revert to the author, artist or photographer. Simultaneous submissions are accepted but must be withdrawn by the author if accepted elsewhere.
8. All submissions are final. We will not consider rewritten submissions though the editors reserve the right to request minor revisions. Editors will proofread and make corrections in grammar, spelling and punctuation. Proof copies of any changes will be supplied to authors by email.
9. All selected contributors will receive one free contributor’s copy of Emerald Coast Review.
- Up to 3 poems, with a maximum of 300 lines total.
- A single poetry submission = up to 3 poems.
- Multiple submissions are accepted with a submission fee for each group of three poems.
- Format each poem as you would like it to appear in final publication, using 12 pt. Times New Roman font and 1-inch margins on all sides.
- Do not number pages or include poet’s name.
- Electronic submissions must be sent as .doc, or .rtf format. PDF files are not accepted.
Fiction and Nonfiction guidelines:
- A single fiction or nonfiction submission = 1 story, article or essay.
- Multiple submissions are accepted with a submission fee for each entry.
- Typed, double spaced, 12 pt. Times New Roman font, 1-inch margins on all sides.
- Include title only (no author name) on upper right corner of each page.
- Do not number pages.
- 2,000 words maximum.
- Electronic submissions must be sent as .doc and .rtf format. PDF files are not accepted.
Visual Art guidelines:
- 6 individual images maximum.
- A single artwork/photograph submission = 6 images.
- Color and black and white images are accepted, however most images will be formatted in grayscale. If your submission is in color, you may be asked to convert it to black and white to ensure quality of reproduction.
- Present graphic elements exactly as they should appear on printed page.
- Each image must have a resolution of at least 300 dpi.
- Electronic submissions must be sent as .jpeg or .tif format. PDF files are not accepted.
- Include a title of each image in the filename, not on the image.